[Scons-dev] SCons testing

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Wed Sep 28 07:23:38 EDT 2016

I stuck in a pull request a day or so ago to cache the result of WhereIs as doing some tests with strace I've found that 'stat' gets called an /awful/ lot on our system (every single time we have a C++ source to compile for instance).

Whilst I was running the tests, I found that all of the docbook related tests are failing because test.where_is is using a different path (the current OS one) to that used by the test (which are just using c:\windows\system32). I'm not sure what the solution is to this.

Apologies if I sent this before, I thought I had but I can't see anything in my inbox at work which should have picked it up.