[Scons-dev] status of pip install scons

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Tue Nov 29 21:10:35 EST 2016

Hi Guys,

Getting some time to get back to Parts and SCons...
Just want to check on the status of setup.py? for pip install of SCons.

I noticed that I cannot install on some linux and windows system with pip, but can generally install with a virtualenv everywhere. I know we had a the pip expert himself look at this a little as he was using SCons to make a possible pip replacement. I started looking at fixing up the setup.py myself in SCons, but wanted to check to see if there was anything else going on here first...

Thanks
Jason