[Scons-dev] no more print statements in SConscripts?

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Wed May 25 10:10:19 EDT 2016

I think the issue of print was discussed before. I had stated I had some stuff in Parts to deal with this, ie a API for outputting data. I recall someone saying make it a library SCons could depend on. I have not finished that but do have it underway, latest version is in the work of me separating my testing code in Parts into a separate module. If interested you can find the code here:

https://bitbucket.org/dragon512/reusable-gold-testing-system/src/4c849613824f70a79d47a5cff61d14ac2a495e4b/src/hosts/?at=master

The code is not 100% done, as such I have not made it a separate pip installable module yet.. but it pretty close.

I agree that since SCons does not provide an API for outputting information, and SCons have not released a injected print() api for people to migrate to this will be a big deal for many people using scons at the moment as there scripts will break. We might want to consider this before making a new drop. This could be a show stopper for a lot of people.

Jason