[Scons-dev] python3-port passes all test with python 2.7 on linux.. win32 has issues

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri May 13 13:34:59 EDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-05-12 at 22:59 -0400, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> It does appear that test/packaging/rpm/cleanup.py is unstable.
> I did some investigating and found the following. See red below.
> It seems the logic which returns the list of files for inclusion in
> the
> gzipped tarball which is fed to rpmbuild can change the order in the
> list,
> thus when it's rebuilt in the test, it rebuilds the tarball..
>
> There's an issue on win32 in every testcase.
> I'll take a look at that tomorrow.
> Assumming we can get all tests passing, I'd be ready to merge down to
> default this weekend.
>
> Any thoughts?

I find that on Debian Sid, mainline default 3547:dba711236823 gives
some errors. I suspect the gdc problems will be laid at my door. :-)

Failed the following 11 tests:
	test/D/GDC.py
	test/D/GDC_Alt.py
	test/D/HelloWorld/CompileAndLinkOneStep/sconstest-gdc.py
	test/D/HelloWorld/CompileThenLinkTwoSteps/sconstest-gdc.py
	test/D/Issues/2939_Ariovistus/sconstest-
correctLinkOptions_gdc.py
	test/D/Issues/2940_Ariovistus/sconstest-
correctLinkOptions_gdc.py
	test/Fortran/F77FLAGS.py
	test/Fortran/FORTRANFLAGS.py
	test/Fortran/SHF77FLAGS.py
	test/Fortran/SHFORTRANFLAGS.py
	test/VariantDir/VariantDir.py

On the same machine I find mainline python3-port 3599:2874140dc5e8
gives a few more errors:

Failed the following 22 tests:
	test/D/GDC.py
	test/D/GDC_Alt.py
	test/D/HelloWorld/CompileAndLinkOneStep/sconstest-gdc.py
	test/D/HelloWorld/CompileThenLinkTwoSteps/sconstest-gdc.py
	test/D/Issues/2939_Ariovistus/sconstest-
correctLinkOptions_gdc.py
	test/D/Issues/2940_Ariovistus/sconstest-
correctLinkOptions_gdc.py
	test/Fortran/F77FLAGS.py
	test/Fortran/FORTRANFLAGS.py
	test/Fortran/SHF77FLAGS.py
	test/Fortran/SHFORTRANFLAGS.py
	test/SWIG/SWIGOUTDIR-python.py
	test/SWIG/build-dir.py
	test/SWIG/generated_swigfile.py
	test/SWIG/live.py
	test/SWIG/module-deduced-name.py
	test/SWIG/module-parens.py
	test/SWIG/module-quoted.py
	test/SWIG/module-spaces.py
	test/SWIG/noproxy.py
	test/SWIG/remove-modules.py
	test/SWIG/subdir.py
	test/VariantDir/VariantDir.py

All the new errors relate to the SWIG tests. The other errors can be
ignore for this branch as they are the same as the default branch.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk