[Scons-dev] Hg vs Git

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 09:04:18 EDT 2016

Russel Winder wrote:

> There was a flurry of activity about potentially switching from
> Mercurial to Git at the beginning of the year. The topic seems to have
> died down. Can I assume that this means Mercurial won the debate and
> that we will not be switching from Mercurial to Git – even though
> BitBucket is now a Git repository repository.

Well, I am a longtime hg user, and my experience is just the opposite.  I
find git terribly complex.  Everytime I try to do something that should be
simple, I refer to manpages that go on endlessly about options, written in a
language I know nothing about.  In contrast, hg I find much simpler, and
with tortoisehg interface, it's almost fun.

Obviously I'm in the minority here, and I'm not doing much contributing
anyway.  But just saying, there is another side to this.