[Scons-dev] Hg vs Git

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon May 9 14:42:59 EDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-05-09 at 10:13 -0700, Bill Deegan wrote:
> All,
>
> So it sounds like (from limited consensus), that switching to Git
> now,
> would remove a significant barrier to contributing code/fixes?

We just need to be careful that Git supporters are quick and vocal,
whereas Mercurial folk are less so.

My feeling is that a move to Git on BitBucket would be helpful to
getting serendipitous help with pull requests. The situation has
changed markedly since Steven made the choice to move from Subversion
to Mercurial. I see no reason to reflect on that decision, it was right
at the time. I think though that staying on BitBucket but switching to
Git would be a good decision for the world as it is today.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk