[Scons-dev] Hg vs Git

Rob Boehne robb at datalogics.com
Mon May 9 10:57:46 EDT 2016

For me, scons is the ONLY project I work on that uses Mercurial, and
having to translate each and every command is a real pain.
I¹ve also NOT contributed back many changes I¹ve made to get Python to
build properly on old UNIX systems, primarily because it was using Hg.

I doubt I¹m alone in this, and I¹m certain it¹s a lot easier to find a
competent developer who knows Git but has never used Mercurial than the
other way around.  This is an extra effort for most developers, and that
extra effort will get more common, and more painful as the years go by.
IMHO switching to Git is a clear win.

Robert Boehne