[Scons-dev] Hummm…

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Jun 11 02:27:57 EDT 2016

It just struck me that Tim Jenness has (subtly :-) switched the current
active Python 3 work from Mercurial on BitBucket to Git on GitHub. We
thus are under pressure to:

a. all get stuck in using Git on GitHub as a temporary measure so as to
get the evolving PR merged into the Mercurial on BitBucket mainline
asap and hence avoid a rift.

b. switch to Git on BitBucket and transfer Tim's stuff back to
BitBucket.

c. switch to Git on GitHub.

Clearly c is perhaps overly revolutionary, especially at such short
notice. b might be revolutionary and will annoy a lot of people but it
will please a lot of people, the question is which group is in the
majority. a is the path of least resistance (and as we know resistance
if futile), and so may be the thing for people to do.

I have taken a clone of Tim's Git repository and am playing with it,
not quite as I type, but very shortly afterwards.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk