[Scons-dev] Proposal for SCons documentation on StackOverflow...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Jul 30 07:30:17 EDT 2016

Hi there,

for the beta phase of the new StackOverflow documentation, SCons is now also proposed...to make this happen we need 5 committers
accepting the proposal. Two (myself included) have already given their vote, and it would be cool if anyone who's active in
StackOverflow clicks the "Commit" button too.

As far as I understand it, this doesn't mean that the accepting person has to actively participate in writing and maintaining SCons
documentation, but supports the idea in general.

Here's the direct link:

   http://stackoverflow.com/documentation/scons/commit

and thanks in advance for your contribution.

P.S.: My idea behind this is to actively use StackOverflow to collect simple examples and usage schemes, that could then get added
to the UserGuide later on, if appropriate. Further, it would lower the barrier for people that don't want to deal with our
documentation toolchain. Having to tackle only standard markdown syntax should bring forth a number of contributors in the area of
documentation. This will definitely help the project in the long run... ;)