[Scons-dev] SCons tests bottleneck (Re: CI, Semaphore, Shippable)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 15:21:07 EST 2016

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-01-31 at 13:14 +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk
>
> […]
>

>> > Every full SCons test takes 17 to 25 minutes.
>>
>> Have you tried to find out what takes the longest time to complete -
>> file operations, tree parsing, file reading, file writing, temp dir
>> creating - where the time is wasted most?
>
> No I haven't. To be honest, I am not minded to investigate this. It
> would be great if someone else would.

I don't have time, because I need money, and I don't have
money, because I don't have a job. So either a job that can take
advantage of that can make it real, or a money (which were
originally invented to solve the conflicts of that sort) can help
with research what makes SCons slower. This is my case.

--
anatoly t.