[Scons-dev] Missing Wiki page on pkg-config

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 15:07:38 EST 2016

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-01-31 at 16:51 +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> […]
>>
>> Was it a code? Or a documentation?
>
> Not sure, but I have always thought pkg-config support was missing from
> SCons in the form of repository bound code rather than entries on
> wikis.
>
> I have quickly checked one of my bits into:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/russel/sconspkgconfig
>
> Sadly lacking in documentation just now.

So how can I use it? I don't have `pkg-config` installed and I can't install
pango binary package from MinGW, but I need to get to includes, libs and
C flags from this archive.

>> > I have a PkgConfig set up that works fine for me, I'll put it into
>> > Git^H^H^H Mercurial repository on BitBucket in a minute.
>>
>> For Windows I hope.
>
> What's Windows?

A most popular desktop system in the world. Somehow it happens that
"Windows is awesome" and "Linux sucks 2016".

Also, a system where the problem with free mingw toolchain and
pkg-config is more actual than for systems where these were designed
to work.

--
anatoly t.