[Scons-dev] Mercurial remote tracking

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 04:02:16 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:
> HgView shows remote tracking branches.

AFAIK mercurial doesn't have remote tracking branches. So what is the
purpose of this letter? Inform about a bug in HgView or there is some
deeper rationale behind that?

> Pity HgView is a Qt application
> rather than a GTK+ one: it looks horrible on my screen, especially
> compared to gitg.

Why no screens then?

Also your assumption that tool defines the interface is wrong - it is
designer who uses the tool who makes it beautiful.

> I still prefer the Git transient branch model to the Mercurial
> persistent branch model.

I also like rebasing Git branches, but this can kill history.
Have you tried Evolve extension? And bookmarks?

--
anatoly t.