[Scons-dev] test test/D/Issues/2944/D_changed_DFLAGS_not_rebuilding.py failing on ubuntu-next

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Jan 18 12:34:49 EST 2016

Bill,

On Sun, 2016-01-17 at 10:19 -0800, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Russel,
>

> Looks like this test turning on the "-d" flag in the second pass is
> what's
> causing the test to fail with gdc 5.3.1

Whic is not unreasonable as -d is not a valid GCC option.

> If I change:
> if int(change):
>     env.Append(DFLAGS = '-d')
>
> to:
>
> if int(change):
>     env.Append(DFLAGS = '-Wall)
>
> The test succeeds.
> Would this invalidate your test?

I suspect so.

> What is the "-d" flag supposed to do for gdc?

For dmd and ldc2 it is a flag relating to deprecated features.

Basically the test looks well ###### in that it is irrelevant for gdc.
I suspect no-one has only gdc installed – everyone uses dmd for
prototyping and then ldc2 or gdc for production – and so the problem
has not arisen till now.

I will take this back to the D compilers folk. Hopefully it will not
take too long. Is there a timebox on getting this fixed?

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk