[Scons-dev] Ubuntu buildbot available

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Jan 12 11:03:25 EST 2016

On Tue, 2016-01-12 at 23:00 +0800, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.c
> om>
> wrote:
>
> > Can you pastebin a full list of packages you have installed?
> > I'll build a VM and install same and see if I can replicate your
> > failures
> > and try to get rid of them and get them to skip instead.
>

> This is on a Ubuntu 16.04 alpha1 server:
>
> The packages manually installed are:
>  python
>  python-minimal
>  mercurial
>  buildbot
>  build-essential
>  unzip
>  bison zip gdc

We are discovering that having both gdc and ldc installed on a Debian
or related system causes problems to some of the crucial gdc tests.
Current hypothesis is that Debian gdc packaging needs a serious update.
I believe the right person is on the job, but this will of course only
appear on Debian Sid. It could be years before it gets to a Debian
release.

Without the ldc package installed gdc is fine.

>  swig
>  gcj-5-jdk
>  texlive-binaries

This is just 0.001% of the TexLive actually needed to have a viable
installation. It may be enough for the tests to pass, but I would
anticipate not.