[Scons-dev] Ubuntu buildbot available

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Jan 11 05:55:00 EST 2016

On Sun, 2016-01-10 at 21:07 +0100, Dirk Bächle wrote:

[…]
> looks like the failing TeX testcases aren't protected properly
> against not having "latex" installed and in the $PATH. Not sure if
> you really want to go that route and install a full TeXLive version
> (or similar).

Rather than installing TexLive shouldn't we fix the SCons tests?

I have and need the full TeXLive distribution so I can never check
these sorts of things locally.

Perhaps we should have a programme whenever something like this happens
of fixing the tests before getting people to install stuff.

SCons tests should only ever have skipped tests (even if there are 1000
of them), never failing ones, no matter what the installation set of
the test host.

> For DocBook you would need to install the XSLT stylesheets and put a
> link to them from
>
>    /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl
>
> and also install the Python XML bindings libxml2/libxslt or lxml,
> respectively.

And on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/… all the rest of the stuff that gets pulled
in. :-)

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk