[Scons-dev] That was easy…

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Jan 10 12:20:11 EST 2016

On Sat, 2015-12-26 at 16:00 -0800, Bill Deegan wrote:
> If we change to suggesting pip/easy_install to be the preferred
> method of
> installing, then we can include any other packages we need and not
> have to
> "Vendorize" them.

Or for real operating system distributions with package management,
just install with the package manager.

On these system we do not need to vendorize since when SCons is
packaged it can be dependent on future and everything is OK.

So the issue is people who install from the SCons release. Is it fair
to require them to pip things in? Can we have two releases one pure
SCons and one SCons plus future packaged at the moment of creating the
package and not vendorized in the SCons repository.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk