[Scons-dev] Ubuntu buildbot available

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sun Jan 10 00:59:28 EST 2016

pip is the preferred method to install buildbot slave.

More comments in line below.

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 9:34 PM, Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, last question :-)
>
> Don't I need to install development tools?  At least a bootstrap scons?
> Or will the build need only python2?

Anyway. This script:
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/src/0d265ab5bab28eda792c24e054e4d02f24ebb338/bin/scons_dev_master.py?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default

Which you'll get in bin/scons_dev_master.py  will install most of the
packages.
However it may be a bit out of date for your distro.

You need mercurial and python2.7, and ideally the packages listed (or their
newer equivalents) in the scons_dev_master.py script.

python bin/scons_dev_master.py building testing

Should be sufficient.

Let me know when you've done that and I"ll add the slave to the list of
slaves which can run various types of builds which would be relevent.

Does your machine also have python 3.4 (or above) installed?

-Bill