[Scons-dev] Ubuntu buildbot available

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Jan 9 10:48:11 EST 2016

Hi Sanjeev,

On 03.01.2016 17:22, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know of scons through the gpsd project.
>
> Would you be interested in an ubuntu-next buildbot?  I run some servers and desktops updating daily from 16.04-proposed.  This might
> be of interest because you will be able to see issues that may surface a few months ahead.

thanks a lot for your kind offer, and we're definitely interested. Setting up a Buildbot slave isn't that complicated and you can
find instructions describing the basic steps in our Wiki at

    https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/InstallingBuildbotSlaves

Administering it yourself shouldn't be too hard, it's running automatically after the basic setup.

You also need a login and password, such that your slave can connect to the server machine and register itself as being available.
Bill Deegan is maintaining the server and can provide you with the credentials, I guess. Please check the list of installation steps
above, and confirm that you feel able to setup a slave...then we can take it from there.