[Scons-dev] Rumour…

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:53:41 EST 2016

Honestly, I would more more inclined to contribute to SCons if it were
developed using Git, and fully hosted on GitHub.

I think the GitHub model just works extremely well, and that's why so many
projects are moving to it. Having an integrated issue tracker, releases
tied to tags, and although I haven't used it, GitHub Pages is a perfect set
of features for most Open Source projects.  The integration with CI
services (e.g. Travis) and other services (like CodeCov) is a cherry on top.

There have been small bugs that I've gone to fix in SCons, but didn't feel
like dealing with mercurial / BitBucket; not because they're bad, but
because they're not what I'm familiar with.

I suspect there are many others like me.

Just my (unsolicited) $0.02.