[Scons-dev] Issue 2494

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Jan 2 07:28:55 EST 2016

Hi Adarsh,

On 02.01.2016 09:12, Adarsh Sanjeev wrote:
> Hey,
> I am currently working on Issue 2494. I have run into a problem where I have to modify
>
> def chmod_strfunc(dest, mode):
>      return 'Chmod(%s, 0%o)' % (get_paths_str(dest), mode)
>
> Chmod = ActionFactory(chmod_func, chmod_strfunc)
>
> to allow strings, as well as octal values for mode. Could someone help me do this, as I am unsure how to combine both?

if you are not only a beginner at OpenSource development, but also have no experience with Python (or programming in general), you
should consider taking on a "documentation" bug first instead (see
https://openhatch.org/search/?contribution_type=documentation&q=&project=SCons for example).
It looks to me as if this issue 2494 is more complicated than you can handle at the moment.