[Scons-dev] Proposal for SCons documentation on StackOverflow...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Aug 1 13:57:49 EDT 2016

Bill,

On 01.08.2016 19:46, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Should we pre-populate with all the current scons docs?

no I don't think so. I see this as a community effort, that we simply approve and watch such that no incorrect solutions or even
rumours spread.
SO docs is still in beta phase, and from what I read in some of the Meta posts they are planning to revamp the whole "docs"
reputation system.
Let's just see how this evolves over time and what good we can draw from it. ;)

What we could do though, and this possibly aims in the same direction as the concerns from your last mail, is to add a short
description about SCons (our standard text) to the "docs" page. Perhaps with a disclaimer like:

"Note that these SCons documentation pages on SO are a community effort. If in doubt, the official reference for syntax and
usage of the SCons tool are the MAN page and User's Guide as published by the project (see also http://www.scons.org)."

, or something similar.

Regards,

Dirk