[Scons-dev] Proposal for SCons documentation on StackOverflow...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Aug 1 03:22:06 EDT 2016

Bill,

On 31.07.2016 23:17, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 6:53 AM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de <mailto:tshortik at gmx.de>> wrote:
>

> [...]
>
> We need someway to indicate on stackoverflow that this is the intent or we'll get mired in a confusing mass of people expecting all
> the documents to be in stackoverflow.. (Seeing this already)..

that's why new contributions and edits have to get approved first. And I wouldn't mind having a parallel stream of docs and examples
in StackOverflow that we can directly refer to (or copy-paste nice examples from). I guess I simply don't see the final scenario
that you seem to be concerned about. Can you be more specific?

After all, this is just the start of the SO documentation...so I expect an initial rush by a few contributors (early adopters), and
after that it will be up to us (the SCons team) to fill in most of the infos there. And especially for the deep-knowledge parts
there won't be a lot of people that are capable of describing how things work, let alone having the time to do so.

And don't forget: every reference and mentioning of the keyword "SCons" on the internet counts...this is really a kind of cheap PR
for us if we manage to keep the SO docs going.