[Scons-dev] User Guide and Other Release Documents

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Apr 17 05:02:39 EDT 2016

Hi Bill,

On 17.04.2016 01:13, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> Is it fairly simple to replace that text so all the paths are uniform?
> (As part of the build process?)

I think I still don't quite understand your intentions. If we make the text part of the build process, the paths can change
anytime...depending on who is creating the release and its packages.
 From what William said, this appears to confuse (some) users and might be unwanted.

If you want to have a text that does *not* change, you can hardcode it...like it is now.

P.S.: Note also that adding proper SconsExample tags to the "gettext" documentation would pull the "gettext" tools in as additional
dependencies for the build process...