[Scons-dev] Two questions…

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Apr 14 13:23:01 EDT 2016

Hi,

On 14.04.2016 18:48, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Russel,
>

> [...]
>
>     Oh and…
>
>     3. Is there any reason why we should not switch from DocBook/XML to
>     Asciidoctor for all the documentation?
>

> I'd like to postpone any discussion of the doc toolchain until after we get the python 3 work done, unless you strongly feel it's
> urgent.

I'd like to second this. The issue has already been discussed in the past, and just like for "migrating the bugtracker away from
Tigris" or "migrating the repo to git/github" I see the basic problem as follows: It's always easy to "talk the talk", but then you
have to "walk the walk". People's plans seem to collapse at step 2 frequently. ;)