[Scons-dev] scons-python3 bootstrap.py broken

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Apr 13 06:05:37 EDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-04-12 at 10:43 -0700, Tim Jenness wrote:
> Ok. Found it. https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/pull-requests/313/por
> t-mainpy-2-3-using-futurize/commits
> <https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/pull-requests/313/port-mainpy-2-3-
> using-futurize/commits>
>
> I thought we were using the other fork for python 3 development. I’m
> getting confused.

I suspect I failed to properly set out the workflow.

Neal has posted his pull request against the mainline python3-port
branch which is way, way out of date, but does work with Python 3. So
if running with Python 3 is important then that solution works for the
short term.

The python3-port branch in my personal fork of SCons is the currently
up to date version but doesn't actually work under Python 3 yet.

The consensus now seems to be that now that SCons 2.5.0 is out of the
door and we have a maintenance branch for it, my python3-port branch
will be merged into mainline default and it is then all hands to the
pump to get it passing all the tests under Python 2 and then Python 3
using the future package.

Once this is sorted we should have up to date SCOns working under
Python 2 and Python 3.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk