[Scons-dev] SCons and Python 3

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Apr 10 07:10:15 EDT 2016

The python3-port currently has:

47 test fails
108 no results

running the tests using Python 2.7.11 on Fedora Rawhide.

The tests don't really start using Python 3.5.1 because of stuff to do
with UserDict.

I believe the Python 3 stuff can actually wait until the tests all pass
using Python 2. Then it can be full steam ahead on making it work with
Python 3 as well. The foundation is there and using future I think it
should all be fairly straightforward. This will mean that Python 2.7
really is the base version of Python and so all the 2.6 and earlier
stuff will need to go if there is any left.

Sorry I didn't get much done on this over the last 12 weeks, long (and
tedious) story – which no-one is interested in.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk