[Scons-dev] Roundup tracker demo instance...

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Sep 28 08:42:44 EDT 2015

On Sun, 2015-09-27 at 15:03 -0700, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Maybe worth sticking in a scons bitbucket repo?

[…]

A DVCS repository is indeed where all code belongs :-)

In this case I think this is very important. Whatever the rights and
wrongs of issue trackers other than Tigris, I feel it is important to
have integration between the code repository, pull requests, and the
issue tracker. The current situation is viable, but significantly less
than mediocre, let alone optimal.

If there is a JIRA instance we can bind to the Mercurial repository on
BitBucket then we should go for it.  Even if in the far distant future
Atalassian force a Mercurial → Git move on BitBucket, they will retain
JIRA as the associated issue tracker.

Having used JIRA at Codehaus for the Groovy stuff, I can attest that
JIRA is not awful and indeed is far superior to Tigris.

Thus, for me, shifting the issues from Tigris to a JIRA  directly
associated with BitBucket is a Huge Win™.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk