[Scons-dev] Atlassian, BitBucket, Mercurial

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Wed Sep 23 09:34:17 EDT 2015

I am not sure about that.
I honestly find Bitbucket UI better than GitHub among other things. I personally have moved everything to git. Once microsoft embraced it as part the suppported tool chain it just makes it hard to use anything else on the open source side in a cross platform way.
At times i think we might want to convert the to GIT from HG on bitbucket. However I think bitbucket is a great choice. Honestly most companies that use github that i have seen do it as a quick choice. Then they find Bitbucket is better from an enterprise point of view, but it is to late at that point. Then it seem people then start looking for bug tracking ... Jira seems to be choice. For me at the moment it is a mix of GitHub and Atlassian Jira.
Mercurial is a great system.. but as a company i understand that Atlassian need to be responsive to customers and Git is a big push. Now if Git could just fix the use of some of the insane usage model people do... so it was not such a pain. I guess that is why i like UIs like SourceTree as it help people use it in a "good" way that is understandable.
Jason