[Scons-dev] SCons and Python 3

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Sep 9 13:49:22 EDT 2015

SCons supports  >=2.7 <3.0

As far as I know, the idea was to not break 2.6 if it was reasonable not
to, but no guarantee.
Clearly starting work on 2.7 & 3.0 compatible source code would mean 2.6
would be dropped entirely.

I've not read the release notes on 2.7.*, is there some significant
difference WRT 3.x compatability in any given version?

-Bill
Co-Manager, SCons Project