[Scons-dev] SCons Node ID

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri Sep 4 03:10:48 EDT 2015

Hi Anatoly,

On 04.09.2015 06:16, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> I have another question about SCons. If I specify target explicitly, it ends up
> as str in BUILD_TARGETS and it is impossible to traverse. How do I
> transform it to Node if I don't know the type? I.e. how to lookup Node object
> by name?

you mean you explicitly specify a target "x" on the command line, but you don't know whether it's a File or a Dir?
Can you come up with a short user scenario for this? What is it that you're trying to accomplish?

I think we had this discussion some time ago when you asked about how to traverse the Node tree (DAG), the single Nodes are mainly
addressed (identified) by their full path (relative path and name) relative to the top-level folder of the current SCons build. This
is what's used while looking up Nodes (exists already, or not?) in the internal FS tree structure, such that we are able to
distinguish between "vector.h" in two different subdirectories for example.

Hope this helps you a little further.