[Scons-dev] VariantDir source paths in .sonsign.dblite file

Rosenthal, Julian jrosen at qti.qualcomm.com
Thu Oct 1 13:12:21 EDT 2015

Hi,

Quick question regarding VariantDir paths for sources (*.c) stored in .sconsign.dblite files.
I'm very happy to see that dependency info can be retrieved this way.
Unfortunately, I have a need for the actual source paths rather than the VariantDir paths information in my case.

Is there an option for sconsign to output this information with actual source paths?
Is there a way to convert this information back to actual source paths (after the fact)?
I can see how I could convert this back knowing what VARIANTDIR is, but even then I have to make some assumptions as to the actual source path. (<PARTIAL SOURCE PATH> versus <SOURCE PATH> in the example below)

Example:
Following information is available in sconsign for an example source file:
<BUILD_ROOT>/<PARTIAL SOURCE PATH>/<VARIANTDIR>/<SOURCE FILE>

I need the info to be the following:
<BUILD_ROOT>/<SOURCE PATH>/<SOURCE FILE>

I need the location of the source file (*.c) before it is copied to VARIANTDIR.

Thx for any pointers.

Sincerely,
	Julian Rosenthal