[Scons-dev] Argumentation for Python 2.6 support removal

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 03:47:36 EST 2015

Hi,

Do we have any list specific incompatibilities with Python 2.6? What was
the main reason for that sign. I am asking because it seems to me that
consensus is being reached based on feelings instead of data, and
that looks like a death spiral to me.

    -- SUPPORT FOR PYTHON VERSIONS BEFORE 2.7 IS NOW DEPRECATED

       ***IMPORTANT***: This release is the last version of SCons to support
       Python versions older than 2.7.  This release will warn if you are
       running on Python 2.6 or older; future releases will probably not
       work at all, as we are moving toward supporting Python 3.
       Use --warn=no-python-version to suppress the warning if needed.

--
anatoly t.