[Scons-dev] Python 3 build slave

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Nov 24 12:42:02 EST 2015

Hi Ivan,

On 24.11.2015 10:15, Ivan Nedrehagen wrote:
> Hi, our company are using Scons extensively in building all our software, and would be happy to provide a buildslave for the python3
> branch.
>
> We can host a dedicated computer with a distro of your choice on our DMZ and provide ssh access to anyone willing to administrate
> it. I could do the administration myself, but I have zero experience with BuildBot, so I would have to learn the ropes first.
>
> The computer could be limited in disk space (as low as 8GB) and memory (2GB) and would be without UPS and backup, but a reasonably
> up to date CPU.
>
> The machine would be hosted in Norway.
>
> Could this be of interest of the SCons community?

thanks a lot for your kind offer, and we're definitely interested. Setting up a Buildbot slave isn't that complicated and you can
find instructions describing the basic steps in our Wiki at

   https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/InstallingBuildbotSlaves

Administering it yourself shouldn't be too hard, it's running automatically after the basic setup.

You also need a login and password, such that your slave can connect to the server machine and register itself as being available.
Bill Deegan is maintaining the server and can provide you with the credentials, I guess. He has probably also some ideas about which
distro to use...