[Scons-dev] Would requiring Python 2.7.4 or above be a problem for future release?

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:24:22 EST 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 9:11 PM, Alexandre Feblot <alexandre at feblot.fr>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I suppose this requirement would only be enforced on Windows? Or would you
> make it the minimum version on all platforms to keep it consistent?

To be clear, you would only need python 2.7 since we wouldn't be supporting
the 2.6 or older API anyway, but if you wanted SCons (and other threaded
python code) to perform well, then we would recommend a version that didn't
leak file descriptors.

I imagine Bill would update the SCons python checks to error for < 2.7 and
warn for < 2,7,4.

Is this what you had in mind Bill?

V/R,
William