[Scons-dev] Time for a release?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed May 20 15:14:47 EDT 2015

On 20.05.2015 20:35, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Could we push default as is as 2.3.5, and then merge slots and push that in a couple weeks?
> Then we could branch default as 2.3 prior to merge of slots?

Sure, I have no objections to that. After 2.3.5 we could also branch out from default to a "2.4" branch, and then merge the "slots"
stuff only on that branch as a first step. So we would never risk to "taint" our trunk with merges that would be kind of hard to undo.
If no problems show up with 2.4 we could then still merge it again to default, and continue from there towards 2.5 and 3.x. Just as
an idea...