[Scons-dev] Tutorial for Linux versioned libraries

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed May 20 03:07:57 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:59 PM, Kenny, Jason L
<jason.l.kenny at intel.com> wrote:
> I think a little clarification is needed.
>

> SCons install() api makes an install sandbox. There is a list that holds all
> the install files. When you call Install() those files get added to the
> internal list. This information is used by the Package() and
> GetInstallFiles() api in SCons to allow a package to be created. One can get
> this to work.

This definitely needs some better docs and maybe even rename it. I thought
that Install actually copies files.

Another mystery is when I specify different prefix for install target.
SCons rebuils
the libraries. Why?

> Anyways ( minus the Parts extension) I hope the understand that Install()
> setups an install sandbox that is used by the package() API to create some
> install package based on what was installed.

"base on what was installed"? Do you mean that if the current system does
have some files already installed, the created package will miss those files?

--
anatoly t.