[Scons-dev] Review scons.org/guidelines.php

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:05:47 EDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> Anatoly,
>
> Last I checked SCons was an open source project.
> Any part thereof that anyone wants to work on that help is welcome.

As long as that doesn't mean that the project should accept *any* work.

> I know that perhaps you don't view the website's aesthetics as having any
> level of importance.

I don't know how do you read that, but everything that I said before is quite
the opposite. For me the current aesthetics is appropriate for the project.

> So that said, if I or anyone else chooses to spend some time on this issue
> comments on the merit of that time being spent are not terribly welcome or
> helpful.

Yes. I am just giving you my opinion that I am skeptical about expanding the
goal of fixing the guidelines to the full website redesign. I don't see that the
http://scons.org/new/ - it something that is better than before.

> You've stated your desired path for SCons development many times, and no one
> is barring you from making progress along those lines, please don't
> criticize anyone's desire to make a contribution as not important and/or
> shouldn't be done "now" but only after those items you view as important are
> completed.

I am not barring anybody from doing anything. I just don't want poor choices be
made just because somebody did the work. As a result of last choices I
don't like
that the SCons repository is bloated and that it uses DocBook (so that nobody
can edit the docs) and they are not automatically updated.

But of course, we are all volunteers, and can do whatever we want with the
project. Except integrating Parts.