[Scons-dev] Support for versioned shared libraries is nowhere near fixed

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Mon Mar 23 00:51:02 EDT 2015

William Blevins <wblevins001 at gmail.com>:
> I am sorry this has caused you problems; however, your attitude is
> irrational.

If I hear even *one* more line of defensive, self-exculpatory crap
like this, I am going to drop scons from my projects and require you
to pull the laudatory quote from me the scons website now carries.
Then I will issue a public mea culpa to the open-source community for my
past advocacy of SCons, apologizing for my failure to realize that its
dev team was simply not competent enough for the job they took on.

> Secondly, YOU may contribute.  YOU may fix any issues that you encounter;
> therefore, you COULD have patched this legitimately whenever you saw fit if
> it truly caused you problems.

When I attempted to contribute, the interface was mangled beyond
usability to me, and the documentation of the supposedly 'cleaned-up'
feature useless.  I held up my end of the open-source bargain; the
scons devs *failed theirs*.

So stop with the bullshit and excuses. You fucked up, and I am tired of
paying the price for that fuckup.  *Fix it*, or admit that you're not
ready to compete with grown-up build sytems.