[Scons-dev] Issue tracker

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:10:45 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> Give me a week or so to complete my server migration and I'll take a look at
> setting up a roundup instance.
> Wonder if there's a docker recipe for one..

$ hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/roundup/code roundup
$ cd roundup
$ ./demo.py

The stumbling block that prevents Roundup from being released is Jinja2 encoding
problem. Jinja2 uses unicode internally and Python assumes all strings
are in ascii, so when a utf-8 message with i18n symbols is passed from
web.request to template, Jinja2 chokes.

sys.setdefaultencoding('utf-8') should fix that, but we can't add it
to distribution by default for non-obvious reasons. Fixing all templates
to use some unicode conversion modificator is another option, but this
is ugly. And it looks like Jinja2 can not be hacked to choose encoding
conversion rules per library.