[Scons-dev] Release 2.3.5

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Mon Jun 22 19:27:15 EDT 2015

Dirk,

If I build docs with system python it works fine.

If I install libxml2-python it still failes with zero length files.
If I uninstall lxml and run it again I get:

python ../../src/script/scons.py
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: *** [scons_xi.xml] Implicit dependency `cover.jpg" format="JPG' not
found, needed by target `scons_xi.xml'.

A little more digging:
bdbaddog at ubuntu1404-32bit:~/scons/as_scons/doc/man$ grep cover scons*.xml
scons.xml:    <mediaobject role="cover"><imageobject><imagedata
fileref="cover.jpg" format="JPG"/></imageobject></mediaobject>
bdbaddog at ubuntu1404-32bit:~/scons/as_scons/doc/man$ find ../.. -name
cover.jpg -print
../../build/doc/man/OEBPS/cover.jpg
../../build/doc/man/cover.jpg
../../doc/user/cover.jpg
../../doc/man/cover.jpg

O.k. got it. Needed to also install libxslt. Probably need to figure out a
way to give messaging on this rather than silently fail.

-Bill