[Scons-dev] [scons-release] Migrate downloads from Sourceforge.net?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 05:21:31 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 6:18 PM, William Deegan
<bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> Doing a little research.
> Looks like BitBucket doesn't have a great setup for this.
> They actually sugguest amazon cloudfront for distributing binaries.
> They don't support directories in their download area.
>
> I wonder what other "free to open source project" options there are..

GitHub. Looks like it is able to host binaries:
https://github.com/HexDecimal/python-tdl/releases

Between BB and GH, I was a bit proponent of BB solely because of
two reasons:

1. I used BB before it was acquired by Atlassian
2. It provides Mercurial support

Now that Google Code is gone and majority of my projects are
on GitHub including Spyder and everything I had on GC, I see no
reason to stay on BB.

Don't get me wrong - Mercurial is a wonderful thing, much better
than Git, but usability features of GH is much more awesome and
save a lot of time on pull requests (remember that declined status),
issue cross-linking, and interlinking between .md files.