[Scons-dev] How to generate .pc files from .pc.in files using scons

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 04:41:29 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Ravi,
>
> On 12.06.2015 07:33, RAVI NANJUNDAPPA wrote:
>>
>> Hi ,
>>
>> There is a configure_file() in Cmake , which Copies a file <input> to file
>> <output> and substitutes variable values referenced in the file content.
>> This is basically used to generate the <project>.pc file from
>> <project>.pc.in file.
>> Can anyone help me how to achieve the similar functionality using scons ?
>>

> the functionality you search for is encapsulated by the "textfile" Tool,
> especially the Substfile() Builder. Please have a look at the UserGuide's
> appendix B (or use 'man scons') where all the different available builder
> methods are described, and also some examples are given.

Dirk, don't you find it strange that our documentation system doesn't allow
you to give direct link to the docs?

Interesting to know that main SConstruct doesn't use this tool itself, and
Wesnoth doesn't use Substfile() too. Frankly, I tried to use that and I found
it inherently complex for the task.

--
anatoly t.