[Scons-dev] Problem using doc toolchain?

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Fri Jul 31 13:30:05 EDT 2015

Did a clean python, libxml2-2.9.2, libxslt-1.28 from source (ran into an
issue with libpython.so from system python causing core dump with got me
stuck for a while because the error you get until you dig into it just
indicates that expat was not built with your python.. blog posting to
follow on that fun).

Once I sorted expat issue, and run
/home/bdbaddog/tools/python-2.7.10/bin/python bin/docs-update-generated.py
/home/bdbaddog/tools/python-2.7.10/bin/python bin/docs-validate.py
/home/bdbaddog/tools/python-2.7.10/bin/python
bin/docs-create-example-outputs.py

I get only the following diffs:
M doc/generated/examples/caching_ex-random_1.xml
   http://pastebin.com/UwE75eTY
M doc/generated/examples/troubleshoot_explain1_3.xml
  http://pastebin.com/3n2f3e4y
M doc/generated/variables.gen
  http://pastebin.com/UnhexDVR
M doc/generated/variables.mod
   http://pastebin.com/E1nXYupB

Are these all valid?
Is there an easy way to check them (aka a tool?)

-Bill