[Scons-dev] Problem using doc toolchain?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri Jul 31 03:18:01 EDT 2015

Bill,

On 30.07.2015 17:36, Bill Deegan wrote:
>  From the code I've looked at if you have libxml2 & libxslt that is preferred, and then if not it will use lxml.

your assumption is correct, this is done because libxml2 is faster in general.

It seems that libxml2 and pure lxml have different behaviour regarding "normalizing namespaces" and that's where the diff comes
from. This makes at least the validation in the SernaFree XML editor choke for the lxml output...:(

I'm investigating this a little further and will try to find a way around this. I'd really like to have the (almost) same output for
both XML toolchains, such that it gets accepted by most XML editors out there.

@William: You said that after installing an additional package the processing got faster and correct? My guess would be that you now
have a lxml distro/package that relies on libxml2 under the hood. This makes the error go away of course...

I'll keep you posted, best regards,