[Scons-dev] Problem using doc toolchain?

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 23:32:01 EDT 2015

Sorry for the delay,

I have these packages installed which cannot be YUM erased because YUM
itself depends on said packages:
libxml2-python-2.9.1-5.el7_1.2.x86_64
libxml2-2.9.1-5.el7_1.2.x86_64
libxml2-devel-2.9.1-5.el7_1.2.x86_64
libxml2-static-2.9.1-5.el7_1.2.x86_64

I also have package which I could erase though not without breaking some
applications (since reinstalled):
python-lxml-3.2.1-4.el7.x86_64

With lxml uninstalled, I could not run "bin/docs-update-generated.py" due
to error:

> $ python bin/docs-update-generated.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bin/docs-update-generated.py", line 11, in <module>
>     import SConsDoc
>   File "/home/wblevins/BitBucket/scons_cl/bin/SConsDoc.py", line 130, in
> <module>
>     raise ImportError("Failed to import either libxml2/libxslt or lxml")
> ImportError: Failed to import either libxml2/libxslt or lxml

Is the issue perhaps that the scripts are not finding libxml2 in the
PYTHONPATH?

V/R,
William