[Scons-dev] Problem using doc toolchain?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Jul 29 18:47:42 EDT 2015

Hi Bill,

On 30.07.2015 00:30, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Dirk (and anyone who understands the doc toolchain),
>
> I've run:
>
>     python bin/docs-update-generated.py
>     python bin/docs-validate.py
>     python bin/docs-create-example-outputs.py
>
> Per our release procedure working on getting 2.3.5 out.
>
> [...]
> Here's diff for functions.gen
> https://pastebin.mozilla.org/8841011
>
> (pretty much all the files have a diff, but I'm not sure they're an issue)
>
> Are any of these differences important?

I'll make this a "yes". The problem here is that the special XML tags like "example_commands" don't exist in the standard "Docbook"
namespace, but only in the "http://www.scons.org/dbxsd/v1.0" namespace referring to the extended "SCons Docbook". If you leave out
these specifications

   xmlns="http://www.scons.org/dbxsd/v1.0"

this may lead to errors during processing later. Even when you don't see it at first while creating a PDF or EPUB directly, users
might not be able to directly edit the XML files with an editor like XmlMind or SernaFree.

Can you try and find out why your XML processing chain omits the namespace definition within the single XML tags?