[Scons-dev] Adding Visual Studio 2015 Support to SCons

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Jul 23 16:26:40 EDT 2015

Rob,

On 23.07.2015 18:54, Rob Smith (WINDOWS) wrote:
> Looks like the build is exiting immediately because it doesn’t find any new changes:

yes, but it should actually detect that it's not at the latest revision available. Triggering a build manually should not rely on
the "hg pull" to emit new changes, because if the update to the "tip" revision was missed last time, it gets missed again and
again...until finally a new commit is added to the repository.
Another scenario would include a person logging into the build machine and doing a "hg update" on the command line, such that the
sources point to a completely unrelated revision!

Bill, can we somehow add an "always-update-to-latest-revision" step for the manual trigger? We should be safe for normal commits
because we have a corresponding commit ID there, right?