[Scons-dev] Repo not wiki for tools and add-ons

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Jul 4 14:46:04 EDT 2015

On Sat, 2015-07-04 at 13:17 -0400, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Russel,
>
> I've created:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons-contrib/admin/access
>
> I've given you admin access to this repo as well.

Sponditious.

> Please add feel free to start populating.

I think it might be wise to continue the debate a little more before
putting things in, so as to save rearrangement after rearrangement. But
yes we should be looking to put things in sooner rather than later so
as to capitalize on the opportunity.

> Would it be worth having 3 base dirs:
> tools
> scripts
> docs
> ?
>
> Or just have tools live in the root of the repo?

I think idea of having tools as a sub-heirarchy is fitting and gives
most flexibility. Indeed I wonder if we go with this, we have had
sufficient debate on structure to begin to act.

We do perhaps need to have criteria for accepting new tools, and
ejecting current tools. I have a few Mercurial repositories on
BitBucket that are immediate candidates, but the question is whether
they are ready or whether they would be better staying separate for
now. Clearly I could put them all in but would that be the right thing
to do just now?

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk