[Scons-dev] Repo not wiki for tools and add-ons

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Jul 4 08:45:45 EDT 2015

There seemed to be consensus that only having per project DVCS for
tools was not enough, that there ought to be a curated central repo for
various tools and add-ons that pass some notion of quality and utility.

This implies someone setting up such a repository, which probably ought
to be owned by the SCons user on BitBucket so it is clear it is the
official repository. I am assuming Mercurial rather than Git.

We then need to set up a process for populating that with some of the
separate DVCS tools that are deemed to have reached an good stage of
maturity.

I think tools should start out seperate and need to get approval of
some sort to shift to being in the managed repository, particularly if
we use Mecurial rather than Git.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk