[Scons-dev] adding more configure tests to SCons

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Jan 29 14:01:56 EST 2015

Hi Rob,

On 29.01.2015 17:56, Managan, Rob wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> We might want to add a Utilities?? Directory as well. I have things like
> an install function that lets you set permissions and what unix group owns
> the file and such.

we could do that, but I'd rather try to get your add-ons into the core directly. Somehow, Utils are different than Tool/Config
packages to me. Even if we don't add a folder for this right now, we'll always have the option to make a full package out of the
current "SCons.Util" and add a corresponding folder to our "scons_contrib" repo.
I think that Utils are what every user should have, while "scons_contrib" should be more like a single mega-get-it-all-package that
you can install optionally...but don't have to.

Regards,